Monday, March 5, 2018

Fun New Feature on FamilySearch ~ Compare-a-Face

There's a fun new feature on FamilySearch. It's called Compare-a-Face. And it's really cool. It compares photos of you with photos of your ancestors.

Here's what the feature looks like on my FamilySearch home page.

Simply click on "Try Compare-a-Face"




and you will see the next screen where you can upload your photo, or photos. As you can see, I uploaded several different photos of myself.


Here are some of my results with two of the photos I uploaded:

Comparing photos with my maternal great-grandmother, Esther Matus Villatoro.




Comparing photos with my paternal grandmother, Ingrid Anna Gillberg.



Comparing photos with my maternal grandmother, Sarah Vasques Madeira.



Comparing photos with my Mom.




Comparing photos with my Dad, Jan Albert Iverson.







See the ancestor photos at the top of the page? To compare with another ancestor, just click on one of their photos.


This shows my photo compared with the photo of my 3rd great-grandmother, Amanda Melvina Carlisle.

See where it says "List" with the arrow at the top left of the page? Click on that and it takes you to a list of your matches.





You can also upload more photos.

It was fun and interesting to compare photos of myself with photos of my ancestors. If you'd like to give this fun new feature a try, click on the link below.

FamilySearch Compare-a-Face

Thanks for stopping by!

Jana

© 2018 Copyright by Jana Iverson Last, All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. What fun! At first I thought you looked just like your mother, but then when I saw your father, I saw a strong resemblance there also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I can see the resemblances in your photos. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have fun with this cool feature! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...