Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wordless Wednesday (Almost) ~ Edna Lillie Webster

Edna Lillie Webster


Edna Lillie Webster

This adorable little girl is Edna Lillie Webster. She was the second child born to my maternal great-grandparents, Watson (Frederick) Emory Webster and Esther Matus Villatoro. You may know Watson as "The Traveling Dentist" here on my blog.

Edna Lillie was born in September 1912 in Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil. This photo of her was taken in 1916 in Curitiba, Brazil. Sadly, little Edna Lillie did not survive to adulthood. Until recently, I didn't know exactly when or where she passed away. I will share these new findings in a future post.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jana

© 2016 Copyright by Jana Iverson Last, All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet face. I'm already sad knowing a sad story is coming soon. Can you tell what she is holding in her hand (besides the book)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Wendy! It really is sad. She's such an adorable little girl. I'm not sure what she's holding, but it kind of looks like a box of something. I see some paper inside the box. Maybe it's a box of cookies or some other kind of treat? And maybe she's holding one of the treats in her hand.

      Delete
  2. Adorable little girl. I see her feet didn't even reach the floor in that chair. Smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was too little for the chair. She must have been around 3 or 4 years old when this photo was taken. :)

      Delete
  3. She is absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you have been able to learn more about her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I'm so glad I was able to learn more about her too.

      Delete
  4. Cute portrait - and yes, I am wondering about the box and what she is holding too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I should probably zoom and crop the photo and perhaps share it here on my blog. But, I do suspect she's holding some kind of box that's open. I see some paper. Maybe it's a bakery box with treats inside.

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...