Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Food and Fun at The BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy

Attendees at the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy were given a generous hour and a half lunch break each day from noon until 1:30. Lunch was available for purchase at the Morris Center Cafeteria, which is close to the BYU Conference Center.

The food was served cafeteria style, but was not your typical average cafeteria fare. The food was very good. There was a salad bar and two hot entrees offered each day.



On Friday I had the Grown-up Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Basil Soup. It was delicious!

Here are some photos of the Morris Center Cafeteria during lunch at the conference.






A variety of delectable desserts were offered each day including BYU's famous Creamery Ice Cream. I've had BYU's Creamery Ice Cream during past visits with family in Utah, so I already knew how amazing it is. Of course, I couldn't resist having some during the conference, so on one day I had their Chocolate ice cream, and on another day I tried their Mint Brownie ice cream. Yummy!


On Thursday I had one of BYU's amazing Mint Brownies with Chocolate Frosting. I wish I had taken a picture of these delicious treats. I was able to find recipes for the Mint Brownies on the BYU Alumni page. To see them, click HERE and HERE. The second link not only gives a recipe for the Mint Brownies, but also provides recipes for three other desserts.


In addition to enjoying delicious food, it was fun spending time chatting with fellow genealogy blogging friends during lunch at the conference.

I'll be sharing more about my experiences at the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy in future posts.

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...