Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Have you heard about the myFamily History Youth Camp?


As my regular readers may already know, I've been asked to be an official conference blogger for the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy which begins on July 28, 2015, only three weeks from today.  I'm really excited about this opportunity.

There's going to be another family history conference going on at the same time as the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy. And it will also be held on the BYU campus. This other family history conference is for youth ages 14-18 and is called the myFamily History Youth Camp. How fun that the youth get to have their own family history conference! I think this is a fabulous idea. From what I understand, this is the first year this camp will take place.

According to the myFamily History Youth Camp website,
"This is a four-day camp where youth ages 14-18 can come to BYU and be taught the fundamentals of family history research, gain hands-on experience, and acquire an understanding of the importance of this work. We hope this camp will prepare all participants to be independently motivated to continue working on their own family history and to inspire and assist those around them with their family history."
This camp will include lots of fun activities like labs and workshops, a dance, devotionals, games, and even a trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. To see the camp's full schedule, click HERE. And to learn more about this camp, including registration, etc., please visit their website by clicking HERE.

The Program Coordinator for the myFamily History Youth Camp contacted me via email and asked if I would be willing to visit the camp sometime during the week and then write about it on my blog. Of course, I said yes. And I've already scheduled the time that I'll be visiting their camp.

I hope you'll follow along with me as I write about my experiences at both the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy and my visit to the myFamily History Youth Camp.

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...