Friday, March 14, 2014

Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for March 14, 2014

IMG_0481
Hello my awesome readers! As some of you may know, I'm on Pinterest. I have several genealogy boards there. Surprisingly, I get a lot of traffic on my blog from Pinterest. In fact, right now Pinterest is #3 on my list of referring sites for the month and #10 for all time. If you don't already share your genealogy blog posts on Pinterest, you may be missing out on a great thing.

So, what does this have to do with my weekly Fab Finds posts? Well, I've created a new board on Pinterest called Genealogy Fab Finds. And, I'll be sharing my weekly Fab Finds posts there. If you'd like to check out this new board, click HERE.

Now, here are my Fab Finds for this week (in no particular order)
  1. Sibling rivalry by Judy G. Russell, author of The Legal Genealogist
  2. Hack Genealogy Mentioned in iPhone Life Magazine by Thomas MacEntee, author of Hack Genealogy
  3. Tuesday Tip: Swedish Churchbooks on-line free this weekend by Linda, author of Cousin Linda
  4. Review: Bloglovin AND Contest: Go for the Mocavo Gold by Thomas MacEntee, author of GeneaBloggers
  5. 7 Reasons Why I Like Social Media As A Genealogy Tool by Larry Cragun, author of Larry Cragun Family and Genealogy Blog
  6. Free Irish Records on Ancestry.com Through St. Patrick's Day AND US National Archives to Close Three Facilities by Diane Haddad – Genealogy Insider for Family Tree Magazine Blog
  7. RootsMapper: Another FamilySearch Family Tree Extension by Ancestry Insider, author of The Ancestry Insider
  8. Find NH Town Clerk Records On Line by Heather Wilkinson Rojo, author of Nutfield Genealogy
  9. The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) and #genchat to collaborate in 2014 by Jen Baldwin, author of Ancestral Breezes
  10. Sixteen Completely Free Ways to Research Your Family Tree in New Hampshire by Janice Brown, author of Cow Hampshire
  11. The Future Looks Exciting for FamilySearch’s Record Digitization Program by Steve Nickle for FamilySearch Blog
  12. Website to Help You Find Where Your Ancestors Where From In Mexico by Moises Garza, author of Mexican Genealogy
  13. Where are your links? by Jill Ball, author of GeniAus
  14. The Most Lethal Plague in History -- The Influenza Pandemic of 1918 by John D. Tew, author of Filiopietism Prism
  15. Family Tree DNA Launches New Learning Center by Roberta Estes, author of DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy
  16. Tonsillectomies a Hundred Years Ago by Sheryl Lazarus, author of A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
  17. Between the pages in a prayer book... by Jennifer, author of 'On a flesh and bone foundation': An Irish History
  18. Learning About Marriage Banns and Marriages by Midge Frazel, author of Granite in My Blood

The 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge by Amy Johnson Crow, author of No Story Too Small -

New Blog Discoveries

In Case You Missed Them….My Contributions to the Genealogy, Photo Blog, and Vintage Postcard Blogosphere This Week

Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
Grandpa's Postcards
Jana's Photo Journal

Thanks for reading!

© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jana!

    As always and impressive list of tips and I am honored to be mentioned among them. Thank you! I am not on Pinterest and have not really looked into it, but will do so on your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      You're very welcome for the mention! Let me know if you join us on Pinterest so I can follow your boards. =)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention in Fab Finds Jena.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Diane! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks! What a great list to be a part of! I'll be spending a fair amount of time exploring these resources!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Pete! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Jana, for mentioning one of my blog posts again. I don't do Pinterest myself very often, but I appreciate others pinning my posts. On my blog Pinterest ranks #2 out of referring website, right after Google, and I receive about 1,000 hits per month from Pinterest, more around holidays like Christmas and Valentines for some odd reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Heather! Wow! Sounds like Pinterest is a great referring website for your blog as well. =)

      Delete
  5. Hi Jana--Thanks for including GENEALOGY UNIVERSE in your genealogy finds. I read your "About" page and saw you are a Find A Grave volunteer. That is great work, and tremendously valuable. Although I am not LDS, I do volunteer indexing and arbitration for FamilySearch. I teach genealogy classes and tell my students Mormons are the greatest genealogists in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronald, You're very welcome for the mention! And thank you for indexing and arbitrating records on FamilySearch! That's a wonderful service you are doing!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...